To obtain a challenging position utilizing my current skills as well as providing opportunity for professional growth.
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE:
* Self-directed, determined and motivated professional with over four years experience in software and web development * Proficiency in designing and maintaining effective and efficient databases * Possess strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills * Detail oriented, creative and innovative with excellent ability to plan ahead and improvise as situations warrant * Strong leadership and teamwork skills
* Development Tools: HomeSite, Dreamweaver, PhotoShop, Fireworks, PVCS, Telnet, SSH
* Operating Systems/Servers/Databases: Unix, Linux, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows XP, Mac OS 7.6 through OS X, Apache, IIS, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, FileMaker
* Design: Usability, Accessibility, Web Standards and Cross-Platform Compatibility, E-Commerce
Four Ducks Consulting Independent Freelance Developer 2002 - Present
* Main client McGraw-Hill. * Responsible for updating, debugging and upgrading major educational e-commerce sites and associated databases.
McGraw-Hill Author/Developer, Engineering Department 2000 - 2002
* Lead programmer on two e-commerce projects utilizing PHP, Perl, XHTML, CSS, MySQL and Oracle. * Responsible for design, construction, and maintenance of dynamic educational web sites utilizing databased content and technologies including PHP, Perl, and MySQL. * Developed and built order tracking and customer account systems for corporate e-commerce initiatives. Also maintained code, imported product data, and prepared divisional database to be incorporated into company's master product database. * Fashioned templates for, and assisted in creation of, XML DTDs to bring company's primary and secondary school textbooks to the web. * Taught web-programming courses for Engineering department. * Built GUIs and e-mail system for Java-based typing-tutor product. * Developed all web-based projects to be used across PC and Mac operating systems and with Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator browsers.
McGraw-Hill QA Software Tester Level Three and QA Database Administrator 1998 - 2000
* Led testing teams for a number of high profile projects. * Trained junior department members on hardware,
software, and in QA methodologies. * Responsible for planning, coordinating,
leading, and carrying out testing of educational software and web sites to ensure they conformed to design and functional specifications. * Designed, constructed, administered, and improved databases used for tracking defects throughout a project's development cycle.